Day 45 - Art & Fear

Today I had an hour to kill before a meeting with a friend, and what's better than an hour killed at Starbucks with a nice book at hand...
A month ago I ordered a few books on amazon, and I was pleasantly surprised by this particular one. It's called Art & Fear by David Bayles and Ted Orland, and it talks about the process of art making, along with all the doubts and fears experienced by artists during that process. It is one of those positive books, and it is quite easy to read. I am attaching the first page so you can get a sense of the content.
Since more and more people started asking for recommendations on interesting books related to photography, I decided I would start adding whatever I come across and feel is interesting. This one is not technical in the sense it will not teach anyone any technique, but I think it's interesting to make you think of yourself as an artist in whatever it is you want to put your creativity in.



(click on photo for a larger view)

Nikon D60, 18-55mm.

No comments:

Post a Comment