Self-challenged 2013

I am in the middle of doing my "countdown-to-2013" list of things, feelings, and people to break up with in the coming year. I must admit it feels liberating from the inside. It's unbelievable how much a person can achieve within herself, only if she could look inside her with her own eyes. I took a piece of paper and laid out all the things I fear, regret, or get angry with lately. Everything I could think of just on top of my head is in here. It turns out I've been spying on my bad habits for a while, and tonight I had to face them. Yes, I am all those things and I am not afraid to admit it...only to myself. I am human, and I am fragile in my emotions, I would not jump with joy if you knew about my greatest weaknesses. Although, if you are one of my closest friends, you already know these, and probably have a mental list of the same. I wonder, if I see myself clearly enough as the people on the outside of my shell...or is it more important on the inside? I don't know.

I am sharing herewith one of my darkest habits - the habit of procrastination. It has gotten into me for a long time now, and has stopped me from taking my steps, fulfilling my soulful desires, editing those old photos I left for later, making that call to my dearest friends, reading those exciting books beyond page 27.
You get the picture.

Last year I did a Resolutions list. I hardly did 50% of it. I guess I got overwhelmed at some point and instead of quitting just the things I could no longer keep up with, I quit it all. Bad idea. Made me look bad in my own eyes, and pushed me to think I must be out of shape. I wasn't. But I thought so. And I lost so much time procrastinating.

This year I want to challenge myself to just one thing

 Finish. Every. Single. Thing. I. Start. Till. the. End. Period.

Loud enough, clear enough, simple and short enough so I can repeat to myself all the time.

Source: http://www.therenegadewriter.com/2010/10/04/got-an-assignment-how-to-stop-procrastinating-and-actually-write-it/


I am so ready for the new year. Are you coming along?


Inspired by the always aspiring and motivating Christina Greve with her Setting Your 2013 Goals tips for people who need help figuring out what is it they need to do themselves to live a happy life in the New Year.

1 comment:

  1. Wow yeah, Krem... I totally understand you! I'm working on my list and so far I started to take steps to get to where I want to go. I posted a huge lists of excersices on my blog, and I also included some links there, where you can actually visit the source where motivation is coming from :)
    Happy New Year to you and yours!!

    ReplyDelete