January 2012 Gratitude List

It's time for number 4 on my Resolutions 2012 list - Kremena here has to make a gratitude list at the end of every month. You wonder why?!
I have only once tried making a gratitude list. I had to fill up to 80 things. It was somewhere around 50 that I ran out of things to be grateful for. I was stuck and disappointed with myself, thinking I was not really a grateful person if I could not complete the task. So far with my first trial.

Recently I was cleaning up a shelf when I encountered a calendar that has something positive to say about every single day. On some regular Wednesday page, it asked me to fill out a gratitude list again. Luckily, there was no number that would limit or discourage me this time. SO...I gave it a second chance.

This is a great way to focus on the bright side of your own life and in time you start thinking of the nice experiences as of things to fill up your list with. Besides, this could work as a great reality-checker for people like me, who often change moods and for some Lunar reason become sad at least twice a month, just like that.

If you wonder how to start yours, you can start by asking questions to yourself like the ones here or just borrow from other people's list if it applies to you.
As long as it truly makes you happy, list it, and list it often!

In the end of January 2012 I am thankful for...
1. My family is healthy and united, like all time
2. My friends are exactly where they want to be, and they are happy about it
3. Desi's baby boy, who arrived early, but was actually right on time, and with the perfect measures :)
4. Jazz FM - because music matters, and thank you, Stella, for the idea ;)
5. The paper Christmas cards I received, especially the unexpected ones - because they survived the digital era, and still mean that much!
6. The great Christmas gifts I got, even though I was not all good last year
7. My amazing boyfriend - for only he can handle me in times of craziness, and be just cool about it
8. Rixos Premium Belek - the best way for an elegant and relaxed start of my 2012
9.New friends I've recently found, as well as reuniting with old ones :)


I am thankful for all the good things that happened this month, and I am looking forward to the next one.
I hope it was a grateful January for all!







No comments:

Post a Comment