March's new dish: Mustard-roasted chicken & thyme potatoes

It's spring time already, and I don't know about you, but I definitely started picking the healthy food over the unquestionably delicious one. But healthy doesn't necessarily mean flavorless. I was browsing one of my favorite recipe blogs today when I came across two simple recipes for roasted chicken with potatoes. I wanted to cook chicken but since I got bored with the traditional recipes lately I decided to try Ginger Cookies' suggestions.


RECIPE for Mustard-roasted chicken:
Products:
    1 whole chicken (I used 1/2)
    100g butter
    white pepper
    mustard
    salt
    thyme, dried
    freshly squeezed lemon juice

Preparation:

1. Wash and dry the chicken well.
2. The author says she cut the chicken breasts, because that way when baking the skin burns very well. When serving you can always get back and look a whole, if you wish. I cut my half chicken into portion pieces so that they are ready to serve after roasting.   
3. After that, rub the chicken with salt. Sprinkle it with white pepper inside and out, then squeeze fresh lemon juice to the chicken and let stand for 1 hour in the refrigerator.
4. Heat the oven to 190 degrees. 

5. Prepare a baking pan and put chicken in it.
6. Next, rub it well with mustard, sprinkle with dried thyme and put pieces of butter on top of the meat.
7. Bake chicken in the preheated oven without being covered with foil.

8. While roasting, take a spoon and pour the chicken with the juice it extracted in the pan at least 3-4 times.
9. Bake until ready.
In my oven that took about 1.5h.

The taste of this chicken is unforgettable I promise! It melts in the mouth and makes for a perfect healthy dinner.
 Source: Ginger Cookies (рецепта на български език)




RECIPE for Thyme potatoes:

Products:

    about 800 grams small fresh potatoes 
    2 full tbsp honey
    1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
    3 tablespoons dark balsamic vinegar
    about 4 tablespoons thick soy sauce (lightly sweetened) - I used Maggi's uni-sauce
    black pepper
    salt



Preparation:

1. Clean the fresh potatoes, but do not peel them. Put them in a tray.
2. Mix all other products (except butter) and pour the mixture onto them. Stir well to distribute evenly.
3. Melt half a packet of butter and pour over the potatoes just before you send them in the oven.
4. Bake in a preheated oven at 200 degrees. Occasionally, spread potatoes with the juice in the tray.

5. Serve the potatoes on the side of the Mustard chicken and voila! Simple as that! :))))))
 Source: Ginger Cookies (рецепта на български език)



I hope you are having many happy spring moments and delicious healthy food as often as possible!
March down, 9 more to go :D


Nikon D60, 18-55mm.


No comments:

Post a Comment